Friday, January 28, 2011

01/28/2011 Week 15 weigh in

Another week has come and a few more pounds are gone! I had another great week this week. Not only did I start a new job with a great company, I also lost 2.2 pounds! That brings my current weight to 263.2 and I have now lost a grand total of 26.8 lbs! I am hoping I can have a super week and get down to 260 by next Friday.

 I am planning on doing a little more training this week. Unfortunately I was hit with the injury bug this last week and was not able to do my timed 5k and have been battling through some shin splints. I was able to get 2 miles in on Saturday morning before I had to stop. I have not walked or ran this entire week hoping the time off will help. I am planning on running again tomorrow morning, shins permitting. Strangely enough I didnt get them from running, but from playing full court basketball. No more hoops while I am training for my runs! I just hope the time off wont hurt me too much. I was just starting to get a little base going, and there is less than 50 days til my first race.

Any runners out there with some advice on treating and preventing shin splints? Please share! Til next week!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! I'm hoping for a few lost this week too. My weigh in is tomorrow. I WAS going to go walking tomorrow for only 1/2 mile, but my foot and ankle were acting up again today after having a GREAT day on Thursday without much pain at all.

    Hope you are able to get some decent running in this week without so much pain.

    ReplyDelete