Saturday, January 8, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

This is the first of many meal/ recipe posts to the blog. I thought I would share some of my meals and what I am eating. These meals are really great ways to start the day and have very few WW points. I am crunched for time in the mornings, these meals can be made in 5 min or less. These are my two favorite breakfasts, and they keep me full and satisfied all the way to lunch!

Breakfast 1:
1 bowl of Quaker instant grits (75 seconds in the microwave), 1/2 cup of southwest flavor egg beaters (scrambled), a Dannon light and fit yogurt, a low fat cheese stick, and a full glass of water. I like to mix my eggs and grits together and add salt and pepper.

Point breakdown:
Grits: 2 points
Eggs: 1 point
Yogurt: 1 point
Cheese stick: 1 point

Total: 5 WW points

Breakfast 2:
1 sliced medium banana, 1 Dannon light and fit yogurt, and a sprinkle of corn flakes combined in a bowl
1/2 cup of any flavor egg beaters (scrambled), 1 slice of turkey bacon, 1 low fat cheese stick, and a full glass of water.

Point breakdown:
Banana: 1 point
Yogurt: 1 point
sprinkle of corn flakes: no points (not enough to calculate)
Eggs: 1 point
Turkey bacon: 1 point
Cheese stick: 1 point

Total: 5 WW points

No comments:

Post a Comment