Friday, February 4, 2011

02/04/11 Week 16 weigh in, and a little added swagger!

Another week has flown by! I cant say I had the best week in regards to weight loss, but I did lose, so that's something to cheer about. I lost another 1.2 pounds and am now down to 262.0, for a total loss of 28 pounds. I didn't get to 260 like I wanted to, but that's okay. I have actually been wrestling with this for some time and a light bulb finally went off. I am not in a contest, or in a race to lose weight. I am just in this for me. I am going to work as long as it takes to get the weight off and I am in this for the long haul, even if it takes a year, two or more. I think it actually brought me alot of peace. I have been so caught up in trying to lose it quickly, instead of just trying to lose it I lost sight of  the real reasons I am losing the weight in the first place. I want to lose it for so many reasons, its hard to explain it. I don't want any handouts, magic pills, or quick fixes. I want it to be hard work and I want to lose it pound by pound clawing, scratching, and fighting. I don't ever want to forget what it took for me to lose the weight, because I never want to gain it back. Life is not easy, weigh loss certainly isn't easy, but it is so emotionally fulfilling to do it. People always ask me what I am doing to lose the weight, expecting me to say something profound. They are always disappointed in what I tell them. Eating less, and exercise. That's it. No secret pill, or special elixir, just work, hard work. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Until next week... Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment