Saturday, June 4, 2011

06/04/2011 Week 33 Let the games begin!

Another week has flown by. My kids spent the week in Pennsylvania with Grandma and Grandpa, so needless to say we went out often and had a vacation type of week. I didn't get to the gym or work out (with the exception of a test run I took on Friday morning) and probably had too many calories. I still managed to see a loss on the scale. So I will take it. It is buckle down time and I have an appointment set to get a body composition test done this week. I want to see how my body fat percentage changes when I start lifting weights. I know I may not see the results on the scale all the time, but seeing my percentage change will let me know its working and changing the way my body looks. That way I wont get so discouraged if I dont see the numbers I want on the scale. Now to numbers:

My starting weight was 232, I lost 1 pound again this week and am now at 231, a total loss of 59 pounds. I am still off pace by 3 pounds, and am losing weight at an average of 1.78 pounds a week. So I really need to ramp up my efforts in the gym. I have mainly lost weight with just diet alone, but I think if I want to continue to see the weekly losses I am used to I will need to add cardio and strength training. So I have laid the gauntlet down and have made a pledge to start on Monday. No excuses, vacation is over. It is time to get serious and get this party started! I have to lose 2.15 pounds a week for the next 19 weeks to hit my goal. It will be hit on time.

So I tried a run on Friday to test my knee and it went pretty well. I ended up running for a minute and walking for a few minutes, then running for a minute or two for a mile. I didn't feel any pain in my knee and I haven't had alot of pain in my knee for the day after. I may try to do another run or two this week and very slowly get back into running shape. Lets see if the knee holds up this time. I may have just tried to do too much to quickly. I could feel a huge difference running yesterday, as I have dropped about 30 pounds since my last run. I felt stronger and quicker.

I included an updated picture at the bottom of the blog. It is right above my "before" picture. There is quite a difference in the two pictures. I am so glad I don't look like that guy any more. I feel better, and I feel better about myself.

Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment