Friday, June 17, 2011

06/18/2011 Week 35 Beasting with Bryan!

What a week! This was my first full week of strength training and I am sore! I am feeling muscles I forgot I had. A big shout out to my workout partner/trainer Brian Boykin! He is a complete beast in the weight room and is destroying me every workout. It really makes a difference to have someone to workout with. It keeps you more focused and I think we push each other to work harder. It also helps me to not hit the snooze button at 6am, because I know he will be there. I don't want to be a lazy guy and leave Brian hanging at the gym. Besides the strength training I also started my sprint triathlon training program. http://www.ytriseries.com/register/race-7/  I am doing the couch to 5k running program and met with the swimming director at the Y to develop a swimming plan. I am getting my bike this weekend and will start road training next week. I want to compete in the series next season. So needless to say between workouts, work and family my schedule is packed!!! Here is a sampling of my weeks until August 27th:

Monday: AM: Chest/Triceps PM: 5k training
Tuesday: AM: Back/Biceps   PM: Cycling training
Wednesday: AM: Shoulders   PM: 5k training
Thursday: AM: Legs/Abs       PM: Cycling training
Friday: AM: Swimming           PM: OFF
Saturday: AM: Swimming       PM: 5k training
Sunday: OFF

I also met with the fitness director and had my BMI and measurements taken. I will have them done each month to see my progress in cutting body fat and seeing the inches melt away!

June 15th:

BMI: 30.30%
Chest: 43''
Waist: 41''
Hip: 45.5"
Thigh: 25"
Calf: 15''
Forearm: 9.5"
Bicep: 12.5"

I will retest on July 14th and update my numbers.

Now onto the weight loss! After all I did this week I was surprised to see that I hadn't lost any weight this week. I spoke to the trainer about that and she said it is common for people to gain a little weight the first week or two of a new strength training program. I guess I will have to go with that for now. I know the amount of work I put in this week and although I did not see the results on the scale, I know I have gotten stronger, built more muscle and improved my cardio and running. Current weight: 230 , 0 pounds lost for the week. I am still down an even 60lbs. I know that with the increased activity level that I will lose weight and am confident I will get to my initial goal of 100 pounds lost by October 15th. I didn't really exercises to lose the first 60, so I know that by doing all that I will be doing I will start losing at a faster pace then I have been. I upped my calorie intake this week to keep up with the demands of all the activity and will keep my calories at that level this week and see what happens. I talked to my nutritionist about it and she said I am definitely within a good calorie range for my activity level. So we will see on the scale next week.

Til next week!

1 comment:

  1. Adding muscle means you will be burning fat faster, too. Great job, Jeff!

    Cameron S.

    ReplyDelete