Friday, March 4, 2011

Week 20 Weigh In

I had a pretty crazy week as far as weight loss is concerned, and a great week of learning! On to the good stuff. I lost another 1.2 pounds this week. I am down 37.6 and am sitting at 252.6, inching closer to that 250 mark. Hopefully I will make the 250 mark next Friday. I am not holding my breath though. I have decided to compete in a pizza eating challenge on Monday with some friends. I have done the calculations and my portion of the pizza will equal just under 3000 calories. I will not be eating during the day until the challange, and will try  to drink a gallon of water in the morning to stretch out my stomach, as I havent over eaten in months, and my stomach has shrunk. It is a 30 inch pizza and is square cut into 52 pieces. Each piece is about the size of a deck of cards. We each have to eat 17.3 pieces. It is a new challenge and we want to set the record to beat. I am thinking that since it is only 1 day of endulgence I should be okay. I will let you all know how we fare next week and (fingers crossed) if I have lost any weight.

So onto the learning. I was doing some research about food and calories. My weight loss has really started to stall out again and I was freaking out. I have been eating a ton of food on volumetrics, but I had never kept a daily calorie count. I reveiwed my food journals and had found out I wasnt eating enough calories. I was constantly full, but the foods I was eating just didnt have a lot of calories. I was only eating approx 1200 calories a day and my metabolisn started slowing way down. Your body doesnt know the difference between starving and dieting. My body started trying to hold on to everything. I was up to 257 by Tuesday. I started eating more calories and started introducing some good whole grains back into my diet. It made a huge difference on the scale and I was able to start losing again. So this week I actually gained and lost 5 lbs! I am now eating 1600-1800 calories a day and sometimes forcing myself to eat, but it is working. I have always heard people say you need to eat more to lose more and never really understood until that until this week. I had no idea how much there is to learn about  healthy eating, nutrition and keeping your body fueled for performance. Knowledge is power!

Til next week! Wish me luck in my quest to take down "The Big One Challenge"!

www.fb.com/bigonechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment