Saturday, April 2, 2011

04/1/2011 Week 24 Weigh in...This is no April fools joke!

It looks like I was a little bit tardy in getting my post out this week. I was rather busy last night and it was late when I got home. Now on to the report!

My starting weight for the week was 245.6 and I had a really low weight loss the week previous so I had my sights set on a good number this week. I am happy to report that I lost another 2.4 pounds for the week and am currently hitting the scales at 243.2, putting my total weight loss at 46.8 pounds. I am only 3.2 pounds away from hitting the halfway mark! I am still above my 52 week average so that made me happy too! My average per week loss is now at: 1.95 pounds. Keeping me just above the average needed to lose 100 pounds in 52 weeks.

It has felt pretty good to get back into wearing clothes with only one "x" in front of it! I am getting to the point where my old clothes are literally falling off me. Thank goodness for belts! Fortunately for me I don't have to do too much shopping for new clothes. I kept a good portion of my clothes that were too small with the intention of someday wearing them again. My whole closet fits now, not just a small portion.

I also have begun to feel a little more confident again too. Not that I was ever lacking in that department. I have always been confident in my abilities, but was always self conscious in the business world about my weight and the impression I left on people. I have always felt that a man who is trim and in shape is taken more seriously than one who is overweight. So in that regard I am gaining more confidence, and feeling better about my appearance and the overall impression I leave when I visit and office.

Along with the physical changes comes the mental an emotional changes. It was a part of the journey I wasn't expecting or anticipating. Its hard top describe it, but there are serious deep seeded emotional issues that I have had to work through. The way that I approach food now versus the way I used to approach it. Food became a medicine, a drug, a way to self medicate and deal with stress and anxiety. When I was happy, it was time to celebrate and go out and eat food. When I was sad, depressed or stressed I turned to food for comfort. Double cheeseburgers always understand you and have a way of letting you know things will be okay. Lol! It truly has been a journey of more than weight loss.

Do the extra rep, and dig a little deeper! Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment