Sunday, September 11, 2011

09/11/2011 Week 47 God Bless America! 10 years later and we will never forget...

It is week 47 and 09/11. It was one of the most bittersweet days of my life. Here we were, still in the hospital celebrating the birth of our first child, Addisyn (born on 09/10/01) overwhelmed, exhausted and excited to parents. We were awoken the next morning by the nurse telling us to turn on our television. There we sat shocked, both sobbing holding our new born daughter wondering what kind of world our daughter would be raised in. 10 years later and we have a smart, beautiful, caring, and amazing daughter. She is a blessing in our lives and her and her brother Preston (7) have been the best things that have ever happened to us. We are grateful for the brave men and women who have answered the call to protect our Nation and the freedoms that we so richly enjoy.

Week 47 wasn't the most eventful. It was just like so many other. Waking up early, working hard in the gym and battling temptation every day to eat a clean diet. That's my biggest battle these days. Making sure I am eating the proper food at the proper time in the proper ratios to maximize my fat burning and muscle growth. I have some good days and I have some bad days. There are still times that I want to eat everything in site and others where I could care less about eating anything. As much as I like eggs, chicken and steamed veggies I do get tired of it from time to time. I am afraid my food temptation and nutrition is going to be a battle I will fight my whole life. On to the numbers...

I started the week at 219 and ended the week at 218 for a loss of 1lb. for the week. That brings my grand total to 72 lbs lost in 47 weeks putting my weekly average loss at 1.53lbs. I have 28 to go to reach my final goal of 100lbs lost and 18 to get below 200.

Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment