Saturday, October 15, 2011

10/15/2011 Week 52 ONE YEAR Later...

Its week 52 and exactly 1 year from when I started on this journey. It has flown by and has been one of the best years of my life. I have enjoyed keeping this blog and have had alot of fun looking back at the weeks and seeing how much I have lost and how much I have grown. This blog has been very important to me and has helped to keep me accountable every step of the way.

Recap:

Last year on October 15th, 2010:

I weighed in at 290 lbs. I wore an XXL or an XXXL depending on the cut of the shirt. I wore a size 46 pant and was so out of shape that walking a mile hurt every joint in my legs and lower back. I had sleeping issues and snored. I never felt rested. I was drinking 80-100 oz of Coke Zero a day. I was unhappy with my life and lost all the self confidence and swagger I had.

Today October 15th, 2011

I now weigh 215 lbs. I wear a L/XL shirt depending on the cut. I now wear a size 38 pant and and will soon be in a 36. I can now RUN a mile and then go get a full strength training workout in. My ankles and knees only hurt now if I run more than I should. I now get restful sleep and no longer snore. I now drink the occasional Coke Zero on the weekend or with a night out with friends. I have a new job with a great company and I am loving my life. More importantly I love myself again. I have found my Swag! What a difference a year makes!

I had a goal to lose 100 pounds this year. I fell short of my goal and only lost 75 pounds. I really wanted to meet my goal of a year, but even I have to agree that was fairly aggressive, but not impossible. I am very happy with my progress this far and am really looking forward to continuing my journey. I WILL NOT stop until I have reached my goals. I am not sure how long it will take, but I will get there. I am fully committed to my new lifestyle and plan on living this way for the foreseeable future. I hope that I will be able to lift weights for the rest of my life and continue to keep physical fitness in the forefront of my life and the life of my family.

I really need to thank several people. I have drawn inspiration from so many of them. I first would like to thank my wife, she is amazing and has been so supportive over this last year. In fact she has lost 32 pound so far this year and is looking amazing. It really has been the best year!  I also need to thank my good friend Brian Boykin, aka "Big Pappa Pump" for meeting me in the gym every morning at 6am for the last 3.5 months and lifting with me. I would also like to thank my sisters Karrie, and Eilene for letting me pick their brains and for inspiring me, you guys look great! I also would like to thank my Georgia family: Dan Bryant, Melissa Adair, and Angela Martindale... Thank you for being great friends! I love you guys!

This may be the end of my year, but not the end of my journey. I will keep blogging and will post updated photos next week and let you know what else I have been up to. Again, thank you all, if I missed you by name I apologize, but know that I have appreciated every word of encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment